Sipping N Painting:
From DMHS parent, Marcia Van’t Hof
Dear DMHS Community:
The Sipping N‘ Painting fundraiser for the Japan trip is one week away. “Paint Mount Fuji” will be a fun event! Let’s make it a success in every way.
I’m attaching a flier that you can print or send to friends as an attachment. A separate email has the same information that you can forward.
A session at S & P is a great chance to gather a friend/family/neighbor/co-worker group and attend together. I’d encourage you to request an RSVP (to you) and a registration with S & P by January 15 at the latest. You could even make things super simple for your group by registering them yourself.
There are only a total of 45 spots, and during the last week or so, Sipping N‘ Painting allows Groupon and voucher participants, whose registrations will not benefit our fundraising. So, please register now so that we can fill the spots with DMHS supporters.
And if our students know an adult benefactor who would commission a painting, that’s another potential way to share this opportunity.
And it really is an opportunity! The Sipping N‘ Painting instructors are great, and they put their skills to work in creating a painting just for us.
Let’s Paint Mount Fuji!
See you there–
DMHS Silent Auction – from Chairperson Esther Castillo:
We’re extremely excited about hosting our First Annual Silent Auction, GlobalPerspective. This event is designed to raise funds for the high school international trip in order to make the trip affordable for all of our high school students who want to go.
The event will be held on, Friday, March 2, from 6 – 9 pm, at Pinwheel, 3695 Navajo St., Denver, CO 80211. Tickets to the event are $10 each.
This is what you can do to help:
1. Silent Auction – We need items donated to auction the night of the event. Ideas: gift certificates, gift cards, artwork, jewelry, sports memorabilia, etc. Ask for donations from the stores / restaurants that you frequent and have a relationship with already. Visiting local shops around the north Denver area is also a fantastic idea.
2. Monetary Sponsorships – We always welcome cash, check and credit card donations.
3. Other Donations – Food (appetizers donated by restaurants), liquor, sodas, plates, silverware, etc.
4. Guests – We ask that you invite your friends and family. If you know a local celebrity, please put us in contact with that person as a celebrity would give the event more exposure and potentially help us raise more money.
5. Volunteers – If you are able to work that evening or help with organizing the event, let us know!
6. Tickets – Buy your ticket and sell tickets now. We need to get a good idea of how many guests we will be having, and the next two weeks are crucial to determine this. Tickets are available at the office.
As to the donations:
There is a basket for drop-off items in the office. There is also a log for tracking purposes. Be sure to log any donation that comes in that is not attached to a Donor form (i.e., your personal donation of unused gift cards, items to create theme baskets, etc.).
Attached are 2 letters along with a Donor Form that you can use when asking for donations. Have the Donor Form completed for each donation. Please keep track of which businesses you visit and send me a quick email or text or call with that information. We want to avoid having multiple asks made to the same business.
Remember, the more successful the event, the better it is for the DMHS fundraising goal to send our students off to Japan!
Please reach out to me at 720-333-9997
or at email@example.com
, and I will happily answer any questions you may have. THANK YOU! Together we will make this an incredible evening for DMHS!